ECC support on Verdin Plus modules

I have some questions regarding support for ECC DRAM on our development Verdin Plus modules.

1. The datasheet for the Verdin Plus modules show that inline ECC is supported on all three modules. Looking at the source for U-Boot (in YOCTO), I do not believe that inline ECC is turned on at this time. What are your plans for adding this support? Or am I somehow mis-reading the code? There is an example from NXP on their EVK that shows some of what is required.

2. Ultimately, we planned to move to the 1 GB Quad Lite version of the module. But my read of this processor datasheet seems to indicate that Inline ECC is not supported. Can you comment?

Some background:
We are using two 4 GB modules for development at present, and will be prototyping with the 2 GB modules. Ultimately we wanted to move to the 1 GB modules when they become available.

Hi @frank.borkowski

Sorry for the delay to answer.

Unfortunately, we don’t have support for inline ECC on our BSPs and we don’t have any plans to support it yet.

Is this a key function for your project?

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Unfortunately, at this time, the answer is yes, I need support for ECC DRAM.

The fact that it was listed in the datasheet was among the reasons that we selected that module family.

Frank

Hi @frank.borkowski ,

Can you please share with us why exactly you need this support?

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Contractual requirements with my end customer.

I cannot get into more detail, sorry.

Frank

Hi @frank.borkowski ,

Sorry for the delay to answer.

We are looking internally into supporting the ECC on Verdin modules, but we don’t have a prevision yet.

As soon as I get some news I will update you on this question.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Hello,

We are in the same situation here: we need the ECC enabled on the Verdin mx8mp but the bootloader doesn’t enable it (even if there are some scrubbing pattern at the end of the lpddr4_timing.c).

Do you have any news about an official support?
If no, do you have any procedure with spreadsheets and tools to enable us to activate the ECC support?

F.I. we are working on a medical device and the ECC feature is really important for us.

Hi @philippe.leduc ,

Thanks for the comment and the request.

We are still looking internally into supporting the ECC on Verdin modules.

As soon as I get some news I will update you on this question.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais