Display multiple RTSP streams on VGA Monitor

Hi

We are using a Colibri iMX6 and IP Camera to play an RTSP stream from one Camera in Linux with gstreamer, which is working fine.
However, the playback is displayed fullscreen and in the future we wish to playback multiple streams simultaneously.

I’ve looked through many gstreamer references, but I’m unable to find how to link rtspsrc with a video sink that allows the playback window to be controlled (320x240, Upper Left corner, etc.)

It looks like I’m missing a portion of the gstreamer command set that allows the creation of windowed playback

The command line we’re using currently is as follows and does not generate any errors, but the stream is displayed full screen:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@IP_ADDRESS latency=10 ! rtph264depay ! capsfilter caps="video/x-h264,width=320,height=240" ! decodebin ! autovideosink

The question Live stream of IP camera helped me get going, but I need more information on playback to a Monitor.

Thanks in advance
Rich

It looks like I’m missing a portion of the gstreamer command set that allows the creation of windowed playback
The command line we’re using currently is as follows and does not generate any errors, but the stream is displayed full screen:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@IP_ADDRESS latency=10 ! rtph264depay ! capsfilter caps=“video/x-h264,width=320,height=240” ! decodebin ! autovideosink

autovideosink selects what it thinks is the best available video sink and uses it. Generally this is not recommended as it avoids understanding the specific pipeline that is in use.
Use imxg2dvideosink instead and set the window-* properties accordingly. Look for imxg2dvideosink properties(# gst-inspect imxg2dvideosink) for more hints.

e.g.:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@IP_ADDRESS latency=10 ! rtph264depay ! capsfilter caps="video/x-h264,width=320,height=240" ! decodebin ! imxg2dvideosink window-width=640 window-height=480 window-x-coord=0 window-y-coord=60

That worked perfectly, four cameras, four windows. I’ll delve into what else imxg2dvideosink can do for us and will experiment.

Much appreciated
Rich