Disabling auto time(system clock) update on VF50 running angstrom

Hi all,

I am working with on chip RTC on VF50 with angstrom running on it.I am able to update the system clock(OS clock) and Hardware clock(RTC clock) with different time parameters and this is working perfect.I am using the kernel image version higher than 2.1.

My issue is that when I connect my development board to internet ,my system clock gets updated as per the internet time. I want to disable the auto time update or how I can get a some notification or callback kind of thing when the auto time update occurs.
Can these things be implemented through C code.
Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Amit Kumar

Hi

Please have a look here:

Max

hi Max,
I ran the below given command as per the link given above.
busctl --system call net.connman / net.connman.Clock SetProperty sv “TimeUpdates” s “manual”.

The auto time update problem was solved but my device is not able to connect to internet.
If i connect an ethernet cable to the board it is not showing any interface for it.

How to resolve this.Plzz suggest.

Hi

This works here. If the network is working correctly without the busctl --system call net.connman / net.connman.Clock SetProperty sv "TimeUpdates" s "manual" it is also working after executing that command. Independent on when I plug in the network connector (at boot, after boot but before executing the command, after executing the command).

So I guess you changed something in addition to executing the command which now makes the network unavailable.

Max

yes Max,I changed something else and thats why it was causing problems.
One more issue.
i executed the busctl command but still my device gets synchronised with internet time.
After executing the busctl command(as specified in previous comments) i executed #timedatectl command and it shows “NTP synchronized : yes”

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks
Amit

Please have a look here:

Max

P.S. and read it slowly word for word.