Disable splash screen image for IMX6

Hello, We are using our application on WinCE7 in IMX6.

we tried to apply black image mentioned in this link. But it gives error “Error opening image file. The file must be in the root folder of the active partition of the SD card”. But same SD card works on VF61. Also I seen same issue mentioned here. Is there any different setting for IMX6?.

VF61 and iMX6 splash screen files are not compatible. You can disable splash screen following Disable Splash Screen on Windows CE

Dear sir,
We know that these files are not compatible. We already have 2 images BlackImage.dat for VFxx and Blackimage.tss for IMx6.

WE are getting below error for imx6 and Blackimage.tss file.

"Can't find root dir entry. Error opening image file. The file must be in the root folder of the active partition of the SD card"

But on VFxx, BlackImage.dat works fine. So i dont think there is any problem in SD card.

I’m confused. Initially you said “we tried to apply black image mentioned in this link.” But that page has only image for VFxx modules. So could you please provide more details:

• How do you get mentioned Blackimage.tss ?
  • Can you share it if you created it by yourself?
  • How did you “tried to apply black image”?
  • Why just disabling splash screen as described here doesn’t work for you?

Could you please provide more details:

How do you get mentioned Blackimage.tss ?

Can you share it if you created it by yourself?

Why just disabling splash screen as described here doesn’t work for you?

@alex.tx Here I attached Black image which is provided by Toradex. Initially we will use black image and later we will be using our company logo hence we just disabling splash screen

Dear @sheryas,

Did you try to put blockscreen.tss USB pendrive and use updatetool?

Format the SD card using Win32DiskImager and put the blockscreen.tss in the root folder then try again.

Let us know if you face any issues with this.