Disable Linux console output on LVDS display (custom Yocto build)

Hi Diego,

Unfortunately I’m unable to make a video at this moment.

With “standard Linux image” I meant the “console-tdx-image”, you’re right.
I removed weston and the wayland-terimal-launch from our image since we’re not using wayland/weston but are using eglfs to run our QT application.

Maybe “console output” wans’t the correct term to use. I meant kernel output before. So basically our QT application is running, but kernel output is visible on top of the QT application. So for example, when I plug in (or disconnect) the ethernet cable, kernel output is visible that the ethernet interface is configured properly.

I read that the “console=xxx” option should be provided to the kernel arguments to force one specific output to be used for the kernel output. This does seem to be included in the “mmcargs” uboot variable but doesn’t seem to be included in the kernel boot arguments when I check the contents of /proc/cmdline:
pci=nomsi root=PARTUUID=acb33626-02 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

Is there a way to include the “console=xxx” option in the kernel arguments?

UPDATE
I found out that the uboot environment variable “defargs” is actually used in the creation of the value that is read using /proc/cmdline.
So I’ve added the following to this defargs variable in uboot: “console=${console}” using the following command: "setenv defargs “pci=nomsi console=${console}” and this now results in the linux console only being visible on my debug UART. I read somewhere else that when no console= is defined that all outputs are used for the linux console.