Devices freezes and needs to be restarted

No we are not able to try this workaround because we don’t have access to the device while the device is in the “freeze” state.

After we created a new image based on the 5.7.2 LTS we rolled out this image and now all our devices in production are updated. First it seemed good but now we have devices in a freeze state again. What we can say:

• We still don’t know how to reproduce
  • After a device is in this state, we can’t ping it and it can’t be found with a network scanner and the Ethernet LED flashes contantly
  • After a reboot everything works fine

It would help if we could activate system logs if this is possible. We think that there is a problem on OS-level because the fact, that the device can’t be found in the network.
BR

Our backend recognized at 3:59 the device as offline. I attached the output of journalctl.
journalctl.exp (115.2 KB)

Hello @syntom ,
Would it be possible for you to monitor the RAM usage of the device via the free command? You would need to create a log with the values you get.
If you want to make the journald logs persistent you can refer to our article in the developer website:

Best regards,
Josep

Hello @syntom ,
Do you have any updates on this topic?

Best regards,
Josep

Hi Josep
We have no updates. We still have some devices that stop working. In my last post I added the journalctl.exp with the expectation that someone can have a look and that there are some hints what gone wrong. I’m not very familiar with the content but I see some logs concerning the ethernet interface.
You recommended to log the RAM usage via free but I don’t know how to do it.
Best regards

Hello @syntom ,
We checked the journalctl output and we coudln’t find any obvious error messages.

Regarding the logging of RAM, you could use this script, and modify it according to your needs:

#!/bin/bash
# This script monitors memory usage

while :
do
  # Get the current usage of CPU and memory
  memUsage=$(free -h)

# Print the usage
  echo "$(date)">>log_ram
  echo "$memUsage">>log_ram
  echo "">>log_ram

# Sleep for 5 seconds
  sleep 5
done

Best regards,
Josep

Hello @syntom , happy new year :slight_smile:

Please let us know the outcome of your tests with RAM monitoring.

Best regards,
Josep

Hello @syntom ,
Do you have any updates on this topic?

Best regards,
Josep