Device Overlays

I am attempting to get the 10 inch capacitive touch screen working with LVDS by using the guide from

I have modified the /boot/ostree/torizion-*/dtb/overlays.txt to include the following
fdt_overlays=apalis-imx6_lvds_overlay.dtbo apalis-imx6_atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo display-lt170410_overlay.dtbo

However I am unable to get the display to show anything. Is there a way to check if the build is successful? If i plug a display with HDMI in, I see the boot screen and portainer show up on that monitor.

There is a discrepency between the documentation also:
In the docs it says that the overlay dtbo should be located in /boot/ostree/torizon-*/dtb/overlays folder however the default overlays on my install are located one folder up in …/dtb

Greetings @dburnham,

I noticed from your provided environment information that you’re running an older version of Torizon (our November monthly). If this is true then that is the issue. The full support for overlays.txt wasn’t fully done in Torizon back then. This would probably explain the documentation discrepancy as well. Could you please update to a newer version (January release recommended) and try the process again.

Best Regards,
Jeremias