Deploy Torizon Core Builder iamges via OStree by Hand

Good morning, as mentioned here “Torizon Core Builder and get Ostree update
I want to use Torizon CoreBuilder to commit changes to ostree (like the normale build command do it). But i dont want to use CoreBuilder to deploy the new commit. I want to Login to the SOM and do i by hand. So i configered the output in tcbuild.yaml

"
utput:

>> OSTree deployment configuration (relevant also for Easy Installer output).

ostree:
branch: “test”
commit-subject: “init V5.7”
commit-body: “OSTree torizon-core-docker-colibri-imx6ull-emmc-Tezi_5.7.0+build.17”
"

i have done the following steps:

• build and install the image via corebuilder and easy installer.
  • Build a second image with a newer version (to be comited to the same ostree branch)
  • Config the remote on the SOM "sudo ostree remote add --no-gpg-verify my-remote http://:8080/ "
  • if i performe a “sudo ostree pull my-remote test”

i get the following error:
error: Commit eab8b6c824a5b532488a703ee99d856ad83e385ca37eadb983a9cfedce8777e1: Commit has no requested ref ?test? in ref binding metadata (?6/colibri-imx6ull-emmc/torizon-upstream/torizon-core-docker/release?)

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong here and I’m grateful for every hint.
Thanks in advance

I Use a colibri-imx6ull-emmc

Greetings @Lars_L,

I believe you more or less got your answer in this other thread here: Torizon Core Builder and get Ostree update - #9 by ml_man

But, just to clarify yes the issue is due to the OSTree repo generated by TorizonCore Builder not having a summary file. This is a known issue and is actually being worked on currently by our team. Hopefully soon there will be a fix for this. If you want you can keep an eye on the repository for TorizonCore Builder to see when new commits get added: GitHub - toradex/torizoncore-builder: TorizonCore Builder is a tool that allows the customization of TorizonCore images.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

@jeremias.tx ,
thank you for the fast feedback. Can you estimate when the bug will be fixed?
Best Regards,
Lars

Hi @Lars_L ,

The TorizonCore Builder team recently has made a merge request internally that should fix this issue, but the code change is currently under review before it becomes publicly available.

The review should be done a few weeks, and once that’s finished the changes will be available in the early access branch of TorizonCore Builder.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

1 Like

Hi @Lars_L ,

The changes were merged and are available on the early-access branch.

Best Regards
Kevin

1 Like

Finally, I could check out the new TorizonCore Builder. And it worked as intended. So firstly, thank you for the quick fix.
When I look deeper into the request from ostree there are a few files still missing (not an ostree expert).
“GET /summary.sig HTTP/1.1” 404 -
“GET /summary HTTP/1.1” 404
“GET XXXX/superblock HTTP/1.1” 404 -
“GET XXX/commitmeta HTTP/1.1” 404

I tested it with the early access branch. Is this feature also in Version > 3.8 available?

I tested it with the early access branch. Is this feature also in Version > 3.8 available?

It should be, this was added for the 3.8.0 release.

When I look deeper into the request from ostree there are a few files still missing (not an ostree expert).

Well we didn’t add every optional file to the OSTree repo. We just added the files and information needed to un-block this particular use-case. Which is why you may see some files still missing like this.

That said, it sound like everything is working fine now yes? Or are these other missing files causing issues for you?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Currently, everything works fine for me. Thank you.