Creating my own compositor in QtWayland

My test platform use toradex “Linux Reference Multimedia”
Default compositor Weston is strange (in my opinion)
(In Qt I can’t sent position for windows)

My application use Qt and I would like use “QtWayland” module

I try run sample compositor from samples in Qt but always have error:

# ./pure-qml -platform wayland-egl
Failed to create wl_display (No such file or directory)
EGL: Warning: No default display support on wayland
qt.qpa.wayland: EGL not available
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "wayland-egl" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Any ideas ?

More info:
[1] Before start my compositor I turn off weston systemctl stop weston@root.service

[2]

Dear @MariusM ,

There is this article on how to develop NXP iMX8 configures dual-screen display based on Qtwayland - Programmer Sought qt applications using the Qtwayland compositor instead of Weston on Toradex modules. Even though it has been made for an Apalis, maybe you could find some useful information there.

If the steps there don’t help you solve the issue, I suggest you enable other information in QT Logging and share it with us here. It can be really useful to enable the recording of more logs while a QT application is in the development phase. To do so, you could, at first, export this environment variable onto your module:

export QT_LOGGING_DEBUG=1

Then, as your issue is related to qt.qpa you can also set the following variable:

export QT_LOGGING_RULES="qt.qpa.*=true"

Therefore, the next time you try to run your application directly from your module, QT will give more useful information on how to toggle your issue.

Just for curiosity, does the QT error that you have shows the available platform plugins that you have there? Is there any message like: Available platform plugins are: ...,wayland-egl,...?

Please tell me if this helps you treat your issue.

Best regards,
Guilherme

Dear @MariusM, how are you?

Do you have any news about your issue? Have you been able to solve it?

Best regards,
Guilherme