Configuration file for 10in LVDS monitor - maxtouch.cfg

Hi all,

I have iMX8QM on Ixora Carrier Board v1.2 running Torizon Core 5.7.2 and I am also using LT170410-1WHC 10inch LVDS monitor which is identical with LT170410-2WHC that Toradex is providing (only difference is the connection interface).
I have enabled following overlays: apalis-imx8_lvds_overlay.dtbo apalis-imx8_atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo display-lt170410_overlay.dtbo

I am experiencing some issues with touch configuration (loose of touch, or being clicked even after release of the finger) and this is what I see from the datasheet sent by the supplier:

Basically, what I understood is, if there is already a configuration file (maxtouch.cfg) on Torizon OS it will ignore the one provided by the monitor’s touch controller and will overwrite it.

Can you please let me know if this file already exists in Torizon OS or somehow having the specific overlay files are resetting some touch configurations?

Let me know if the question is not clear I can try to elaborate more.
Best regards
Samir

Greetings @hajili,

Can you please let me know if this file already exists in Torizon OS or somehow having the specific overlay files are resetting some touch configurations?

That shouldn’t be the case. The touch controllers on our displays have their configuration pre-loaded onto the internal NVRAM. As for the overlay, all enabling this does is enable the driver for the touch controller. The configuration should not be affected as far as I’m aware.

Is it possible the configuration that is pre-loaded on your display is bad/incorrect?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx ,

Thank you for the info.

Best,
Samir

Glad I could help clarify.