after editing, compiling and testing a custom DTB with all 5 UARTs activated for Colibri VF61, I’m trying to achieve the same for the Colibri T30. I could only recompile the kernel from the Tegra branch and flash it in the T30. However, I’ve found several discrepancies that led me to open a new post:
- I’ve downloaded the sources from Colibri and Tegra branches. The Colibri one worked fine with the VF61 (as expected) both the kernel and a new DTB compilation, as expected. Is as simple as setting the configuration (colibri_vf_defconfig) and creating a new dts with the desired options, and copy it to the BSP (Colibri_VF_LinuxImageV2.5), overwritting the original zImage and the dtb.
- However, the Tegra sources and BSP (Colibri_T30_LinuxImageV2.6) seem to be completely different from the structure followed by the Colibri branch: dts folder is almost empty and the BSP seems to have no dtb.
- Even though, following your tutorials, I’ve tried to create a new Tegra dts within the Colibri dts folder since there are several dts related to Tegra in that folder (!).
- Knowing this I tried to compile the kernel with the tegra config (colibri_t30_defconfig) within the Colibri branch but make reported an error that it couldn’t find the config file (kind of expected).
- I tried copying the config file from the Tegra branch in arch/arm/configs to the Colibri branch first: Both the configuration and the compilation afterwards worked flawlessly! Also, the DTC generated the DTB without any issues.
- I could not generate uImage, only zImage (in both branches).
- Finally, I’ve tried copying both the dtb and the zImage to both BSP. The Tegra worked fine but no changes in the UARTs, and the Colibri didn’t load all of the kernel.