I am designing a custom carrier board for Colibri iMX6ULL using viola board reference design. I don’t require most of the pins as given in Viola Carrier board. I have few queries which are listed below:
- Is Viola Board is compatible with Colibri iMX6ULL? I have one viola board which I want to use for initial testing and booting of Colibri iMX6ULL.
- I have completed schematics of our custom carrier board. We have used Viola design as reference. Can someone validate my design?
- We don’t require most of the pins as given in Viola reference design. Have a look at Page numbers 6, 9, 10 and 11. I just want to be sure that I haven’t missed out any of the important pins.
- I am using only USBC. So, pins like USB_OC, USB_P_EN are pulled-up using resistors. USB_C_DET has been connected to voltage divider network. Check Page number 6 of my custom board.
- I am given access to UART_A and UART_B only in connectors. Check page 9 of my schematics.
- On Page no 10 of viola design, there is a note on bottom right side of the page. That note doesn’t list iMX6ULL. I am not sure what resistors to be connected in case of iMX6ULL. I have also excluded TAMPER pins as given on the same page.
You can find my schematics over here.
I have few more queries.
- Can I add sliding switch for Recovery Pin (SODIMM_PIN 91)?
- Can I add push button switch for RESET_EXT#? Does it require de-bouncing circuitry?
- Will JTAG access be beneficiary?
Thanks for your comment @satyan.raj.