Cloning Toradex Device Tree and Overlays Repository

Hello all,

I have IMX8QM running on Ixora Board V1.2. I installed TorizonCore 6.3.0 and I am trying to clone the Toradex Device Tree and Overlays Repository.

torizoncore-builder dt checkout
followed by
torizoncore-builder images download --remote-host <ip IMX8> --remote-username torizon --remote-password torizon
gives me the following note: The TorizonCore Builder team is re-evaluating the device tree and device tree overlays workflow, and the dt checkout command is currently not supported on TorizonCore 6. Learn how to clone the device trees and overlays repositories on Device Tree Overlays on Torizon | Toradex Developer Center

By checking the mentioned link, I see the same steps I was trying. Can you please let me know what should be done?

Thank you
Samir

Hi @hajili ,

For TorizonCore 6 you should checkout the corresponding Linux kernel for the Device Trees and a separate git repository for the overlays:

### For i.MX 6/6ULL/7
$ git clone -b linux-6.0.y git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git
$ git clone -b master git://git.toradex.com/device-tree-overlays.git device-trees

### For i.MX 8/8X/8M Mini/8M Plus
$ git clone -b toradex_5.15-2.1.x-imx git://git.toradex.com/linux-toradex.git linux
$ git clone -b toradex_5.15-2.1.x-imx git://git.toradex.com/device-tree-overlays.git device-trees

This is specified in the same article you referenced, but in a different section, highlighted in a blue Info box:

Looks like the link provided by TorizonCore Builder doesn’t redirect to the correct section. I’ll notify the team about this.

See if this helps you.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

1 Like

Hi Lucas,

Thank you! This resolves the problem!

Best regards,
Samir

1 Like

Glad I was able to help!

Best regards,
Lucas Akira