Clock settings for VF50

i am migrating from pxa 310 to VF50. in pxa310 i was having support for clock settings for cpp project. I did not find any specific support from VF50. Can anyone help me with that?

Dear @saumilpandya89,

Thank you for contacting us. We are not supporting WinCE Legacy libraries for Vybrid but there is another Toradex CE libraries that will support for Vybrid. Please read the help file Toradex_CE_Libraries.chm documentation and clk_vyb.h for more specific details.

Please let us know if you have any other question and share the specific clock details which one you are looking.

Do we have any provision for changing the particular peripheral clock frequency? i.e UART, PWM, etc. In clk_vyb.h i can only see for enabling and disabling of clock.

Dear @saumilpandya89,

We don’t have a provision for changing clock frequency, only clock enable and disable support feature is provided. If you want to change clock frequency that you would do by directly accessing the processor peripheral register using MapMem library. As usual please read the help file for more information.

is there any example you can redirect for changing clock frequency using MapMem library?

Dear @saumilpandya89,

We don’t have an exact example for your use case. Also, when you are changing the clocks, you need to understand complete clock tree and it may be required to chance at multiple places or maybe it may affect other peripheral clock sources that you must be very cautious while modifying the clock. Please refer to Vybrid Technical Reference manual for all the details.

If you want to know how to use MapMem API calls, there is MapMem demo application there in the library release and you would get references on our community: https://www.toradex.com/community/search.html?f=&type=question&redirect=search%2Fsearch&sort=relevance&q=Mapmem

If you share exact which peripheral you want to change the clock then let us try to look at TRM or BSP source code and will try to help you.

Thank you.