Chromium container has "Developer Tools" disabled

I noticed that torizon/chromium:3.2.0 container has Chromium “Developer Tools” disabled (i.e, grayed)
immagine

In the past I saw different Yocto builds (on different hardware) where it was available, so I don’t think it’s a yocto limitation.
How can I enabled it, please?

Greetings @vix,

I’m not sure why this option is greyed out in the drop down menu. But isn’t “Developer Tools” here the same thing as right clicking and selecting “Inspect”? This works for me and I can see the page elements and other details this way.

Or are you referring to something else?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx
looking to my Windows 10 PC IO can say yes, “Developer Tools” is the same as “Inspect”.
But the problem is that on torizon/chromium:3.2.0 container, right click is disabled on every chromium page (even in the default home page).
It works only on Application bar
immagine
but it has different options.
Do you know why right click is disabled on the pages?
Does this depend on the SoM?
Do you have it enabled?

The right click works fine for me, I tried it on multiple websites and I can always inspect. It shouldn’t depend on SoM cause it’s the same container image underneath it all.

How are you launching your Chromium container? I had to add the --browser-mode flag to be able to right click.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx
you’re right, it works if I add --browser-mode to the command line arg to launch chromium (not chromium container), as described in
https://github.com/toradex/kiosk-mode-browser/blob/bullseye/start-chromium.sh

Glad I was able to help.