Change display orientation by 180 degrees with wayland

Hello @ashok.tx,

We have tried changing display orientation by modifying fbcon using rotate_all function, but this only rotates the fb not Weston screen.

I have also tried modifying weston.ini, but result was unsuccessful.
Weston.ini***
[output]
transform=rotate-180
end***
and
Weston.ini***
[output]
transform=180
end***

Request support from you for changing display and input orientation by 180.

SOM : IMX6DL
BSP: Linux colibri-imx6-05189960 5.4.129-5.4.0-devel+git.9443377ef940

Hi @Gowthami

Welcome to Toradex Community.

I quickly checked with Upstream image and it worked smoothly with the qt5 image. you have to apply the changes to weston.ini as
[output]
name=DPI-1
mode=800x480@60
transform=180

@ashok.tx Thank you for the reply.

And the above solution is working only for multimedia image not for tdx-reference-minimal-image.

Can you test Image with your solution and let me know working or not.

@ashok.tx

One more thing we want to clarify with you
The Upstream Image what you have sent using weston 8 and we have tried to build tdx-reference-multimedia-image and it is using weston 9 and the display orientation not working as well.

Hi @Gowthami

Yes,Upstream image uses weston v8 and I built the tdx-reference-multimedia image just changing the DISTRO on local.conf to tdx-xwayland-upstream.

@ ashok.tx

We are trying to modify the Distro as tdx-xwayland-upstream but where do you set the Display Resolution for Upstream images ?

Hi @Gowthami

Similar to download stream, you have to use device tree overlays for upstream kernel(toradex_5.4.y)also.Please refer to the device tree overlay article

Hello @ashok.tx

Resolution we tried with modifying the display-vga_overlay.dts and working successfully but the rotation is working only for weston not from the booting.

We are trying to rotate the framebuffer using echo 1 | tee /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate but it fails to rotate.

Why does the upstream image fail to rotate the framebuffer ?

Note:what is the difference between upstream and downstream images ?