Change backports configuration with menuconfig

Hello,

I use a custom Yocto layer, which is based on the Toradex demo image console-tdx-image. The version I currently use is 2.8b5.

The kernel is toradex-rt, which I have already customized (changed defconfig). For this, I can conveniently use bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig.

This version of the BSP also includes some backported kernel modules from backports-toradex.git. Like with the kernel, I would like to adjust the modules which are built. I tried bitbake backports -c devshell, but make menuconfig fails in the devshell.

I can change the config file by hand, but using menuconfig would be more convenient. How is this supposed to work?

Many thanks!

hi @eglimi

A patch for this will integrated soon (3-4 days) in the recipe recipes-kernel/backports/backports_4.19.bb
In meantime, you could add this patch yourself as following:

- inherit module
+ inherit module cml1

MAKE_TARGETS = "modules"
MODULES_INSTALL_TARGET = "modules_install"

EXTRA_OEMAKE = " KLIB=${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR} KLIB_BUILD=${STAGING_KERNEL_BUILDDIR} "

+ KCONFIG_CONFIG_COMMAND = "CC=${BUILD_CC} LD=${BUILD_LD} AR=${BUILD_AR} menuconfig"

do_configure() {

unset CFLAGS CPPFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS

Best regards,
Jaski

Thanks @jaski.tx,

It’s nice to hear this will be integrated soon.

I tried the patch on backports 4.18 and 4.19. The command still fails. However, if I add the EXTRA_OEMAKE parameters, it works.

+ KCONFIG_CONFIG_COMMAND = "CC=${BUILD_CC} LD=${BUILD_LD} AR=${BUILD_AR} ${EXTRA_OEMAKE} menuconfig"

Perfect that it works. Thanks for the feedback.