Can't get LVDS touch screen working with Colibri iMX8QXP

I have a Colibri i.MX8QXP board and I’m trying to get an LVDS capacitive touch screen working. I thought I could configure Uboot to work with the display portion of the touch screen, but I’ve not been able to get that to work.

For example, I tried setting the Uboot vidargs variable as follows:

setenv vidargs "video=mxcfb2:dev=ldb,640x480M@60,if=RGB666"
saveenv

That, of course, didn’t work.

The backlight appears to be working properly and the only reaction I get from the board is a brighter screen flash when I power the Colibri evaluation board on or off. I’m also sure the OS is booting because I’m able to access the board via a serial port and interact with it via the console.

I’m kind of at a loss on what’s next with getting the LVDS display working with the Colibri i.MX8QXP. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

What exact LVDS screen are you talking about and how exactly did you connect that one to the Colibri iMX8QXP resp. Colibri Evaluation board?

What exact software versions of things are you talking about?

We are using a screen from Hantronix - Model HDA1010WH-3-GH-I. I can provide the datasheet if needed.

We connected the LVDS screen to the i.MX8QXP board with a ribbon cable as per the specs of the module and screen (see attached image).alt text

I’m assuming you are referring to the Uboot and OS software versions. They are as follows::
Uboot: U-Boot 2018.03-toradex_imx_v2018.03_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga-bringup+gb9a3c3a53a
OS: Boot to Qt for Embedded Linux 2.6.1 b2qt-colibri-imx8qxp

I am not quite sure about Boot to Qt or whatever the latest naming of the Qt companies stuff but in our latest regular about to be release BSP 3.0b2 you would find resp. configuration here:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/linux-toradex.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-imx8qxp-colibri-lvds-single-eval-v3.dts?h=toradex_4.14-2.0.x-imx#n16

resp. it references the exact timings here:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/linux-toradex.git/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-simple.c?h=toradex_4.14-2.0.x-imx#n1894