Cannot use CSI Camera Module 5MP OV5640 V1.1Z on Apalis IMX8 with Video4Linux

We experience problem to get the CSI camera MODULE (5mp OV5640 V1.1Z) working with the I.MX8QM Apalis module.
We get other USB cameras working but not yours camera where we are more interested because compact.

Can we have some help ?

What exact hardware (module and carrier board) and software versions of things are you talking about? How exactly did you connect what exactly and which exact command did produce what exact console messages? Preferably include textual console log files please.

Hello Marcel. We are using it on APALIS imx8 evaluation board v1.1
connected to the Mezzanine T30 Rev 2.0 on the middle connector (CSI_1_CSI-2/4X)

We followed this guide: MIPI-CSI2 OV5640 software support - Technical Support - Toradex Community But no video output was seen and our QML QT UI see only any USB webcam but never show our Toradex 5MP module. any suggestion?
Thank you

Please post complete serial debug console output as a textual log file for us to be able to assist you.

Hello, here a screenshot of the output of the commands in your guide!
Let me know,
Many thanks

I’m afraid I won’t be able to help you if you do not post any textual debug console output as mentioned above.

I’m sorry, Here is the textual output.

root@b2qt-apalis-imx8:~# export DISPLAY=:0.0
root@b2qt-apalis-imx8:~# gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device='/dev/video4' ! video/x-raw,format=RGB16,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! glimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Got context from element 'sink': gst.gl.GLDisplay=context, gst.gl.GLDisplay=(GstGLDisplay)"\(GstGLDisplayVivFB\)\ gldisplayvivfb0";
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

Thank you

The whole output as a textual file, please. I would really love to help you but unfortunately you neither answered my question concerning what exact versions of things you are talking about nor providing any useful debug output. How exactly do you expect us to help you?

Thank you very much, I’m sorry, this is the very output file of our GSTREAMER execution. Please if is not sufficient tell me what we can do to give you what is necessary.

This is the GSTREAMER log file with LEVEL=5 (all the debug information, it’s a very large text file)
This is the GSTREAMER log file with LEVEL=2 (only Errors and Warnings)

We are using the Gstreamer version 1.12.2

Our Linux Yocto build is

Linux b2qt-apalis-imx8
4.9.51-imx_4.9.51_8qm_beta2_toradex+g6be9d4b #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 1 10:59:46 EEST 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Thanks for your Input. Did you try if the CSI camera module is working with the regular Bring up Image?

Hello, I hope you passed a nice easter! The only thing we tryed is launch our QT QML application wich has a page with a Camera and VideoOutput element and it should show any camera connected to our board but it shows only USB Cameras. Any other suggestion?

Thanks. Yes, the easter holidays were nice. I hope, you had a nice easter too.

Before trying the CSI camera with QT application, you should try the camera on a CSI bring up image. Is this working or not?

Ok thank you, We have no Image software installed, we should find it in the yocto recipes. I don’t know what can I install. I’ll Google it.

I did not mean any Image Software. I was talking about installing the regular BringUp Image (Operating System + Drivers) as described here and then check if the CSI camera is working. You can find the bring-up image here.