Cannot install VS extension

Hi,
I spent the whole day to install VS extension but unsuccessfully.
My VS is 2019 with the latest update.
Here is the log.
dd_VSIXInstaller_20221011222710_2b94.log (44.4 KB)

Greetings @ducnn,

Never seen such an installation failure before. I’ll forward your issue to our IDE extensions team and see if they have an idea. Just to get more information could you please provide the exact version of relevant things installed on your machine?

For example the exact versions of:

• Windows
  • Visual Studio 2019
  • Docker Desktop

Any other information you can think of as relevant may also help our team.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi,
I have been told that the extension for Visual Studio does not work. Hence it is recommended to use Visual Studio code. Could you please confirm?

• Windows: Windows 10 Enterprise, 10H2, OS Build 19042.2006
  • Visual Studio 2019: Pro, 16.11.20
  • Docker Desktop: Docker Desktop 4.12.0 (85629)

Best regards,

I have been told that the extension for Visual Studio does not work. Hence it is recommended to use Visual Studio code. Could you please confirm?

No the Visual Studio extension should be fine to use. Where did you hear this statement from?

Also as a side-note does the Visual Studio Code extension installation work? Or does it fail as well?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

My colleagues who work with Toradex.
If I use the VS Code Extension manager, it still failed. I have to download the VSIX manually, then use VS Code to install it manually, then it works.

My colleagues who work with Toradex.

Did your colleagues experience the same installation issues or other issues? Your report here is the first time I’ve heard of installation issues

If I use the VS Code Extension manager, it still failed.

Was there an error log/message of the attempted installation in VSCode?

It’s strange you had installation issues with both VS and VSCode. Do you happen to have any other extensions installed on either? I’m not aware of any conflicting extensions but it might be possible.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Did your colleagues experience the same installation issues or other issues? Your report here is the first time I’ve heard of installation issues
Yes
Was there an error log/message of the attempted installation in VSCode?

It’s strange you had installation issues with both VS and VSCode. Do you happen to have any other extensions installed on either? I’m not aware of any conflicting extensions but it might be possible.
Yes, I shared this information with VS Support team because of privacy information. They mentioned that it may be due to our business network. So I contact our IT department.

They mentioned that it may be due to our business network. So I contact our IT department.

Interesting, please keep us updated if you are able to track down the issue on your side. Otherwise please let us know if the issue is still with our extension itself and not some other external factor.

Best Regards,
Jeremias