Cannot connect Colibri iMX8X DSI to HDMI Adapter with Colibri iMX8QXP 2GB WB IT

I try to connect the hdmi to Colibri iMX8QXP and it was short circuit.

I connected the Colibri iMX8QXP with the Colibri DSI to HDMI adapter and the devices was short circuit (with smoke !).

The devices are as follows.

• Colibri iMX8X DSI to HDMI Adapter V1.1A
  • Colibri iMX8QXP 2GB WB IT V1.0D
  • Aster V1.1B
  • Display resistive touch display 7" parrallel V1.0B

I don’t know what happen because after checking with the datasheet the pins are matched.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Could you please provide detailed pictures of your setup?

Please review my set up.

The Aster Carrier is powered by 5V USB from Laptop

Aster Carrier Board<=> Colibri iMX8QXP <=> Colibri DSI to HDMI adapter
Aster Carrier Board <=> Display resistive touch display 7"

Connection of DSI to HDMI Adapter looks OK and shouldn’t cause any smoke. Most likely you get smoke from another board connected to your Aster board.

From other hand - how are you going to connect HDMI monitor? Aster board has no matching FFC . connectors. You will need either to use another carrier board like Iris and Colibri Evaluation board or use the Colibri HDMI Adapter.

@alex.tx Thank you your reply. I will checking other board again.

I want to test the HDMI monitor with Colibri iMX8 so I connected with the DSI to HDMI adapter board and just got the problem.

The DSI to HDMI adapter has no HDMI connector. So how were you going to connect the HDMI monitor?

I connected to my own design HDMI board where I matched the pinout from the DSI to HDMI adapter.

But the problem I mentioned above was before I connected the DSI to HDMI adapter to the other device.

hi @noppasit3,

Can you please confirm if you still facing issue?

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar