I’m trying to upload custom packages (docker-compose files) on a newly created account. This does not work.
After initiating a custom package upload on the TorizonOTA WebUI the package will be uploaded with the given information (docker-compose.yml, package name, version, compatible devices, tags) and displayed in the custom package view of the WebUI.
After executing the following steps:
- Navigate to “Packages” view in TorizonOTA WebUI
- Click on ‘+ ADD NEW PACKAGE’
- Click on ‘+ ATTACH DOCKER COMPOSE FILE’
- Select docker-compose.yml from file system (it’s previewable)
- Click on ‘CONTINUE’
- Add package details (rename docker-compose.yml to ‘private_registry_test’, leave version with autofilled hash, supported hardware: docker-compose, tag: my-package)
- Click on ‘UPLOAD’
UI displays and error with conflicting version (see screenshot) and no package is displayed in custom packages list.
Tried it probably around 20 times including, using different docker-compose.yml naming schemes, generated my own 32 character hex hash, different docker-compose version in the file (version 2 and version 3). No luck.