Can I detect when Easy Installer has completed installing an image

Hi,

I am automating the programming process by using the Easy Installer ran from USB Recovery mode. Part of this involves waiting until the image has been written to the device. This requires that a monitor is attached to the carrier board for the operator to monitor the process.

Is there a way to query the Installer via the console to detect when this is done?

Currently it is using ‘Colibri-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_1.8-20181019’ during the recovery process.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

James

Hi @jamesgjatkin!

The Toradex Easy Installer images ship with a wrapup.sh script that runs when the installation is completed. You may edit this file to run any shell script after installing.

Hi,
Thanks for such a quick response, it looks like this is exactly what I am after.
None of the messages within the script appear to be echoed to the console though - how do I force them to do this so that I can monitor for them?
Thanks,
James

@jamesgjatkin,

This may be because the application is not run within the same tty you’re monitoring through the serial console. A quick and dirty way to do this would be to redirect the messages to the proper serial port (e.g. echo Test > /dev/ttymxc0). This should work if you only need to look for a particular message.

Something customers have done is to connect an LED to the carrier board, then in wrapup.sh you can manipulate the GPIO so the LED is lit up when the flashing is done, thus warning the operator.

Works perfectly - thanks a lot!

Perfect that it works. Thanks for the feedback.