Camera interface with qt c++

Hi,

I am trying to run default camera example app on toradex imax-7, it’s not running.

Whenever I am running this app, one error-message dialog coming with “The camera service is missing”
error. After clicking on “ok” button main dialog is opening, with empty device menu, and no streaming
window and all, and in console it gives above mentioned(in begining) error.

What could be the problem, why it’s not working ?
I m using qt c++ toradex colibri imax-7 and Logitech USB camera

But at the same time gstreamer is working on the board and there is /dev/video0 file present.

defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - “org.qt-project.qt.camera”

Hi @bharatsabne

Could you provide the software version of your module?
Which carrier board are you using?

Whenever I am running this app, one error-message dialog coming with “The camera service is missing” error. After clicking on “ok” button main dialog is opening, with empty device menu, and no streaming window and all, and in console it gives above mentioned(in begining) erro

Which app?
Could you share some error log in text format?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

I am using colibri imax-7 I have attached code

Attached File

Hi @bharatsabne

It is hard to say why your camera is not showing up. Is it a UVC camera? How does your gstreamer pipeline look like? What is the exact Camera Type? What is output by lsusb? I guess availableCameras() returns nothing in your case? Can you verify that with some debug messages?

Regards,
Stefan

Hi @stefan_e.tx ,
Yes, it is UVC camera
With following pipeline I am able to stream

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! videoconvert ! fbdevsink

following is lsusb output, it is showing camera

root@colibri-imx7:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:0825 Logitech, Inc. Webcam C270
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0461:4d81 Primax Electronics, Ltd Dell N889 Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

availableCameras null

do I need to add anything to image/install some package in my case ?

Hi @stefan_e.tx ,

I am also using IP camera but in that case, I am getting an error
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - “org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer”

I am using rtsp url (It is working with ubuntu but not working with toradex)

Did you try to use gstreamer for the IP Camera?