C++/CLI DLL on WEC2013

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a C++/CLI DLL on WEC2013? The Windows Embedded Compact new project options in VS2015 under Toradex_CE800 only appear to allow C# managed or C++ native projects, I cannot find an option for C++/CLI.

Dear @steve274

Actually we never tried to use the CLR from native code (Am I correct that this is what you want to do?).

I assume that VS2015 is just missing the wizart/template to create a new C++/CLI project, but it will most probably support to build such code. Therefore I recommend you either start with an existing project (if you have one), or setup the C++/CLI project manually from scratch.

We found the following article which might help to understand some background. However, I didn’t verify in detail how relevant this is for your use case.

Regards, Andy

Hi @andy.tx

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve got an existing C# DLL and I want to access the functions from native C++, so I need a mixed-mode C++/CLI DLL project. I guess it might be possible to turn on CLR for a native C++ project as described in the article but I haven’t tried that yet.

I’ll give it a go and see how I get on!

After a lot of additional searching, it appears that C++/CLI is not supported on Windows Embedded at all.

And nor is COM (although it all compiles correctly for WEC2013).