Building with Openembedded layers

I have the following error during building with Openembedded layers

ERROR: No recipes available for:
/home/ebers/oe-core/build/…/layers/meta-jetson-tk1/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_11.1.1.bbappend
/home/ebers/oe-core/build/…/layers/meta-angstrom/recipes-tweaks/ecj/ecj-initial-native.bbappend

How can I solve this issue??

Hi

Looks like you have a strange Openembedded setup.

If you build for Colibri iMX7 you could remove meta-jetson-tk1 and meta-toradex-tegra from your conf/bblayers.conf so that recipes and appends you don’t need are not parsed at all.

Alternatively you extend conf/local.conf with

BB_DANGLINGAPPENDS_WARNONLY = "true"

which demotes the message to a warning. Actually this is what surprises me because meta-toradex-bsp-common should already take care of setting this variable.

If that does not help I would need to know how you deviated from the setup described here. Also what versions of each layer are in use.

Max

Hi,
you are right, it seems to me the issue comes from version 2.7b3_20170630. With the last version 2.8 (Colibri-iMX7_LXDE-Image_2.8b4.129-20181005) this issue has not appeared.
Now I am having troubles with the v4l-utils during compiling:

arm-angstrom-Linux-gnueabi-g++: error: cec-ctl.cpp: No such file or directory
arm-angstrom-Linux-gnueabi-g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated

ERROR: Task (/home/…/v4l-utils_1.12.3.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’

Any idea?

Hi

In 2.7 that define was in the then used meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain.

I have no idea why v4l-utils does not compile, looks like a file is missing.

So again, I would need to know how you deviated from the setup described here. Also what versions of each layer are in use.

And for this kind of issues how was the outcome of going through this troubleshooting list.

Max

You might also look here.

Hi,

this has solved it. I am working on a VM.

Thanks Max.

Perfect. Thanks for the feedback.