Building torizon-core-lite fails with an error originating at do_image_ostreecommit()

Building torizon-core-lite fails with an error originating at do_image_ostreecommit()

Hello,
I’m roughly following Build TorizonCore from Source With Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded | Toradex Developer Center
The only difference is that I’m build a ‘lite’ image. The commands are:

$ repo init -u https://git.toradex.com/toradex-manifest.git -b dunfell-5.x.y -m torizoncore/default.xml
$ repo sync --no-clone-bundle
$ MACHINE=apalis-imx8 source setup-environment build
$ bitbake torizon-core-lite

This ends with:

ERROR: Task (/home/user/torizon_new/build/conf/../../layers/meta-toradex-torizon/recipes-images/images/torizon-core-lite.bb:do_image_ostreecommit) failed with exit code '1'

It seems to be the same as described here.
The only difference is that I’m not adding my own layers. How can I debug this further?

Hi @Mariusz !

We would like to better understand why you are trying to build TorizonCore Lite.

For now, this is an experimental image recipe that is not fully supported yet.

Best regards,

Hello @henrique.tx . Same happens with the Docker image. I asked my colleague to do a clean build and he has the same error. It was definitely working before. Now I’m trying to triage a version that works.

Okay, I’ve found the root cause. It’s Git security vulnerability announced | The GitHub Blog.
All the major distros patched git for this vulnerability last week. The suggested workaround seems to be functioning. To run the needed command on all layers repos:

find /path/to/torizon/layers/* -maxdepth 0 -type d | xargs -I{} git config --global --add safe.directory {}

This will most likely affect many more people in near future.

1 Like

Hi @Mariusz,

We actually just identified this issue on our side with the new Git as well. We just very recently pushed a change to our meta-layer that should fix this issue: image_type_torizon: fix issue when generating the image · toradex/meta-toradex-torizon@256b379 · GitHub

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like