Build BSP 2.8.7 with nodejs 11.x.x or newer

I recently updated to BSP 2.8.7 as marcel.tx ask me to do by answering this question here.

But the nodejs v11.x.x or later needs openssl 1.1.1 and icu 6.2.

So marcel.tx ask me to apply the openssl patches from here, but I do not know how to do this.

I have searched the internet about it to figure out how to do it, and found some thing by creating an “openssl_1.0.2o.bbappend” file and add the patches file to it. Is it the right way?

And I need the patches to have icu 64.x version.

I appreciate some help.

Sorry, now I find out that BSP 2.8.7 already has the openssl 1.1.1d in the layer “meta-toradex-bsp-common/recipes-connectivity”.

My new question is, how can force my custom image to use the openssl 1.1.1d version instead 1.0.2o version or both ?

Hi @vbalestero,

If you want to install a specific package version you can use the PREFERRED_VERSION variable, more information can be found here.

Best regards,

Daniel Morais

Thanks Daniel for the answer.

I put this variable PREFERRED_VERSION_openssl = “1.1.1d” as you sad, in my custom image at the files:

• /layers/met-smar-df63ng/conf/machine/df63ng.conf
  • /layers/met-smar-df63ng/conf/layer.conf
  • /layers/met-smar-df63ng/recipes-images/images/console-tdx-image.bb
  • /build/conf/local.conf

At every case when I run ‘bitbake -s’ show me the same status as below:

Recipe Name             Latest Version              Preferred Version
===========             ==============              =================
openssl                 :1.1.1d-r0                  :1.0.2o-r0

I believe that the preferred version field should showing 1.1.1 and not 1.0.2, what I’m doing wrong ?

Hi @vbalestero,

I found out that the PREFERRED_VERSION_openssl variable is also set in the file layers/openembedded-core/meta/conf/distro/include/default-versions.inc, you should remove those variables from this file before building.

Best regards,

Daniel Morais

Thank’s Daniel, but have you compiled de BSP 2.8.7 setting openssl PREFERRED_VERSION to 1.1.1d. Because I try here and it does not compile.

Hi @vbalestero,

I didn’t try it, anyway, can you create a new question adding the logs?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Morais