BSP 2.8 stable release

Dear support, I read that BSP 2.8 will be release as stable 4 or 6 week after the 2.8b6 release.

BSP 2.8b6 was released 12 weeks ago. Are there any problem with the tests on 2.8b6 ?

We want to move our project from BSP 2.6 to 2.8 but I want to wait for a stable release, so please can you tell me how much we need to wait for 2.8 stable release?

Best,
Stefano.

Hi @Stefano!

The Embedded Linux BSP 2.8 stable is already out. You can download it here or directly via the Toradex Easy Installer.

Hi @gustavo.tx , thank you for your quick answer.

At the link that you post I can see only images for specific boards.
Am I missing something on that page?

I need the yocto BSP to customize with our recipes in order to build our custom images.

Best,
Stefano.

Hi @Stefano!

You are right: the page I mentioned contains pre-built images for our modules.

I assume you’re already using Yocto to build your image. To use the latest 2.8 sources, you have to initialize the yocto repository on the LinuxImageV2.8 branch, as mentioned in this article:

repo init -u http://git.toradex.com/toradex-bsp-platform.git -b LinuxImageV2.8

Make sure you’re up to date using repo sync. Then the image you’ll build will use the latest 2.8 stable sources.

Ok, so Toradex just forgot to update the release details page here:

right?

That update is currently going through review. Nothing has been forgotten.

Please provide the same kind of article for bsp 2.8b6 to build toradex linux image.

I’m not sure what exactly you are looking for. Nothing at all should have changed and the article as pointed out by @gustavo.tx still applies fully.