BSP 2.8 build with Etnaviv drivers fails

Hi!

I’m trying to build the angstrom-lxde-image from BSP 2.8 using Yocto with the MACHINEOVERRIDES .= ":use-mainline-bsp" definition in local.conf to enable the Etnaviv graphics driver.

After disabling the backports package, which was causing a compile error, the build fails on the do_rootfs task outputting the following log:

ERROR: angstrom-lxde-image-2.8b6-r0 do_rootfs: Error executing a python function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:

The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:
File: 'exec_python_func() autogenerated', lineno: 2, function: <module>
     0001:
 *** 0002:license_create_manifest(d)
     0003:
File: '/oe-docker/2.8-oe-core/build/../layers/openembedded-core/meta/classes/license.bbclass', lineno: 48, function: license_create_manifest
     0044:    pkg_dic = {}
     0045:    for pkg in sorted(image_list_installed_packages(d)):
     0046:        pkg_info = os.path.join(d.getVar('PKGDATA_DIR'),
     0047:                                'runtime-reverse', pkg)
 *** 0048:        pkg_name = os.path.basename(os.readlink(pkg_info))
     0049:
     0050:        pkg_dic[pkg_name] = oe.packagedata.read_pkgdatafile(pkg_info)
     0051:        if not "LICENSE" in pkg_dic[pkg_name].keys():
     0052:            pkg_lic_name = "LICENSE_" + pkg_name
Exception: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/oe-docker/2.8-oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/pkgdata/colibri-imx6/runtime-reverse/kernel-4.9.166-2.8.6+gd899927'

ERROR: angstrom-lxde-image-2.8b6-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: license_create_manifest
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /oe-docker/2.8-oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/colibri_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/angstrom-lxde-image/2.8b6-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.3056613
ERROR: Task (/oe-docker/2.8-oe-core/build/../layers/meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

In this excerpt, I notice that the task refers to the wrong kernel version. With the mainline-bsp option, the kernel version should be higher than the 4.9.166:

Exception: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/oe-docker/2.8-oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/pkgdata/colibri-imx6/runtime-reverse/kernel-4.9.166-2.8.6+gd899927'

Any tips on this?

Thanks,

Gustavo.

Hi @gustavo.tx

Is this solved now?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx!

Apparently building BSP 2.8 with use-mainline-bsp is not supported. I’ll make it work with BSP 3.0 though, so I’ll close the topic. Thanks!