Broken PXA320

We have >10 broken PXA320 boards in our company. They have next problems:

1. dont’t show any message in terminal; message “Unknown Flash Manufacturer” when flashing bootloader by Colibri Loader.

2. show message “Error: Eboot TOC signature not found” in terminal; flashing bootloader by Colibri Loader ends successful (any version of bootloader)

3. show incorrect symbols in terminal; bootloader seems to be not working; flashing bootloader by Colibri Loader ends successful.

Have we any chance to recover this boards?

Dear @maksimus47

• Am I correct to assume that you use the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD or Amontec Tiny JTAG adapter?
  • Make sure you are loading the latest Eboot (V4.6)
  • Make sure you are using the latest Colibri Loader (V3.3)

Now to your questions:

1. I assume this message is shown by ColibriLoader (not by the bootloader). The error indicates that either you are using an old ColibriLoader version which really does not recognize the new flash memory, or the flash memory is defective. In the latter case I’m afraid the module hardware seems to be broken.

2. Either you are flashing an old bootloader version which cannot properly handle the new flash memory, or the flash memory is defective. In the latter case I’m afraid the module hardware seems to be broken.

3. This looks like a wrongly configured baud rate. Please note that the config block settings are not cleared by flashing a new bootloader.
    I recommend to test a few different baud rates in the PC terminal program (start with 9600 and 115200 baud).
    If the number of characters in the terminal program seem to be correct, but the characters are wrong symbols, it could also be a follow-up error: TeraTerm for example switches the character set when it receives a particular byte sequence. Restarting the terminal program resets the character set to default.

Regards, Andy