Booting from USB stick

I have pasted the untarred image file from toradex page in usb stick and plugged the usb stick in the imx8 ixora board. After switching it on, its not booting up and I am not getting boot logs in putty. Can anyone help me on this.

Any views on this issue ?

I use terraterm on my host to communicate with my Apalis board. Each time before i communicate, i will set baudrate to 115200. Did you try setting your baudrate?

I have pasted the untarred image file from toradex page in usb stick and plugged the usb stick in the imx8 ixora board. After switching it on, its not booting up from the USB drive and I am not getting boot logs in putty. Can anyone help me on this. I am using minicom in linux env for serial communication with the device. I am not getting the boot logs there or in putty too

Hello @Mohar ,

Is your module running the Toradex Easy installer? If not, you would have download it from here.

After your modules boots into the installer, it will detect your USB and the image in it.

Best Regards,
Janani

I am booting the QT demo image from usb stick but no GUI is coming up on 10" lcd touch screen

Hi @Mohar ,

can you see any output on your 10" screen?

Furthermore could you please state your full setup? Which version of the module, the carrier board, and software are you using on your side?

Best Regards
Kevin

No I dont see any output on lcd display. I am using imx8 quadmax, ixora carrier board v1.2. I am using the boot2qt latest verison. Its been 2 weeks I am stuck at the same thing. Its booting up properly, I am getting the boot messages in putty but no GUI is coming up.

Hi @Mohar ,

thanks for clarifiying.

As @saijanani.tx asked before, is your module running Toradex Easy Installer, when trying to flash the image onto the module? Or did you already successfully flash the image onto the module?

I did not quite get that out of your answers.

Best Regards
Kevin

Hi Kevin, toradex easy installer is working fine. Booting is working fine. Getting the boot logs in putty. When The module finished up with booting, I am not getting any GUI anywhere. No gui in hdmi output or in lvds output. Easy installer has nothing to do with the qt GUI. Now its just about getting qt GUI. Do I need to change the dtb files for lvds 10" display. What are configuration settings I need to do? Do you have dtb configured files for lvds display ? any github source links for dtb configuration in case of imx8 quadmax ixora?
Thanks.

Hi @Mohar,

thanks for the answer.

Since booting is working now, I’ll close this ticket and continue on the other one you opened.

Best Regards
Kevin