Bluetoothctl scan doesn't work on Verdin-imx8mp

I’m trying to scan for bluetooth devices from my verdin-imx8mp device with Bluetoothctl, but nearby devices are not showing up.
As in bellow image, I have a Raspberry pi device as well nearby, I’m scanning for bluetooth devices from both IMX8 and Raspberry, but in IMX8 it doesn’t work.

Greetings @dileep,

First of all notice the line Powered: no. Have you powered on the bluetooth controller prior to trying to use it?

Next, do you have antennas attached to the bluetooth chip? Without antennas the effective range is very small, almost unusable.

Finally, Bluetooth is something that hasn’t been very well tested in TorizonCore with some aspects known to not work, or have issues. Therefore I can’t guarantee everyting will work flawlessly here.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like

Thank you very much for the fast reply, I powered on the chip, still the issue persists,

On my Verdin i.MX8MP when I’m scanning bluetooth I can see nearby devices listed. Like I asked before do you have antennas attached to the bluetooth chip?

Also as I said Bluetooth as a feature hasn’t been tested or validated with TorizonCore. There are some known issues at the time and possibly more issues we don’t know about. It is likely you will have issues with this. Whatever works at this time works but we can’t give any guarantees.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like

Thank you, I installed the antenna and could be able to scan the nearby devices with a decent RSSI. But when I’m trying to connect to a device (Bluetooth headsets), below error is shown. (Tried with multiple headsets but the issue seems to persists)

As I’ve said repeated times now, Bluetooth is not a fully working feature in TorizonCore. There are known issues, one of these known issues is that Bluetooth is unable to connect to certain classes of devices.

Best Regards,
Jeremias