Backports modules compile error

Hi all,

I am trying to compile the backports to generate the modules so that Wifi and Bluetooth works for my imx7. I am 100% sure that worked before for me, but for some reason I am left with a compilation error shown below:

/home/eoin/linux-device-tree/backports-toradex/net/wireless/reg.c: In function 'regdb_has_valid_signature': /home/eoin/linux-device-tree/backports-toradex/net/wireless/reg.c:798:11: error: implicit declaration of function 'verify_pkcs7_signature' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] result = verify_pkcs7_signature(data, size, sig->data, sig->size,

My Kernel version is Colibri-iMX7-eMMC_LXDE-Image 2.8b6.184 20190401
and the backports is 5.4.

Does anybodu know what could cause this compilation error?

Hi @eoin_oc

I think your kernel configuration is messed up. I guess you rebuilt the kernel and took the wrong config. Please use this config and do:

cp hexagon_defconfig .config

Then you need to recompile the kernel and all modules.

Regards,
Stefan

It is not about building the kernel… The problem is that there is something linked into the kernel which then causes problem with the backports. So there are symbols linked into the kernel which then conflict with backports. That’s why you need to build the kernel and all kernel modules again with the proper kernel configuration.

My main Kernel builds fine, but its the backports compilation that fails. It looks like that is a defconfig for the main Kernel build ??

Thanks, that fixed the problem, but I don’t understand how it got corrupted.