B2qt building my own image

Hi all.

I’m trying to build b2qt image for imx7d-emmc on my server with manifest lts-5.15.xml

When I try to bitbake b2qt-embedded-qt5-image I have a lot of errors about libdrm:

ERROR: libdrm-2.4.99.imx-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export PSEUDO_DISABLED=1; export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/python3-native:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/sources/poky/scripts:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/hosttools"; export HOME="/home/valerio"; LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 clone --bare --mirror https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/libdrm-imx.git /home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/../downloads/git2/source.codeaurora.org.external.imx.libdrm-imx.git --progress failed with exit code 128, no output
ERROR: libdrm-2.4.99.imx-r0 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError('Unable to fetch URL from any source.', 'git://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/libdrm-imx.git;protocol=https;nobranch=1;branch=libdrm-imx-2.4.99')
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/build-colibri-imx7-emmc/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-mx7d-poky-linux-gnueabi/libdrm/2.4.99.imx-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.9656
ERROR: Task (/home/valerio/yocto-imx7-qt5.15lts/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/drm/libdrm_2.4.99.imx.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

My server is in Italy.

Any thoughts about this? Who is in charge to maintain the repo? Qt or Toradex? Both?

I’m also trying to build b2qt for qt6 with manifest 6.5.xml and I’m wonder for this error:

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

MACHINE=colibri-imx7-emmc is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

but… I see at this link:

https://doc.qt.io/Boot2Qt/b2qt-how-to-create-b2qt-image.html

that colibri-imx7-emmc should be supported…

Is there any manifest to build b2qt with qt6 for colibri imx7d emmc?

Thanks a lot!

Valerio

Hello @vbardelli ,
The first error is due to codeaurora being shut down:

One possible first quick solution would be to modify the recipe so it points to the new GitHub repository:

Regarding the other topics, I have asked internally about them.

Best regards,
Josep

Hello @vbardelli ,
Regarding this issue

It could be that when you sourced the environment file you didn’t set MACHINE=colibri-imx7-emmc. Then the toradex layers are missing in conf/bblayers.conf.

I would recommend you to delete the build directory and try it again. If this doesn’t help , please share the bblayers.conf file and the local.conf file.

Best regards,
Josep

Hi @josep.tx , and thanks for your response.

I did the same that I did for qt5:

• export MACHINE=colibri-imx7-emmc
  • source ./setup-environment.sh
  • bitbake b2qt-embedded-qt6-image

I also totally deleted the build directory, but the result is the same:

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (
see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

MACHINE=colibri-imx7-emmc is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your loc
al.conf, environment or other configuration file.

I attached the bblayer.conf and local.conf

bblayers.conf (2.1 KB)

local.conf (14.2 KB)

Any address is really appreciated!

Thanks!

Valerio

Hi @Valerio

Something is wrong with your bblayers.conf. It should include the toradex and freescale meta layers. Something like this:

${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta-poky \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-freescale \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-freescale-3rdparty \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-toradex-bsp-common \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-toradex-nxp \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-python \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-initramfs \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-boot2qt/meta-boot2qt \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-boot2qt/meta-boot2qt-distro \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-mingw \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt6 \

Afterward, it should work.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi @stephan.tx , and thanks for your answer.

For sure toradex and freescale meta-layers are missed in my bblayer.conf, and also all these meta-layers are missed in my tree, but, all these things comes from the manifest. So, my question is about the manifest (6.5.xml, in this case).

Who is in charge to maintain this manifest? Because, for qt6, I’m not able to find a correct manifest, for colibri-imx7d-emmc, at all.

Instead, for qt5, all it’s correct, both meta-layers and bblayers.conf, with manifest lts-5.15.xml

Thank you.

Valerio

Hi @vbardelli

What about:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/boot2qt-manifest.git/tree/toradex

Please note that this is not under our control. These layers are maintained by the Qt Company:

If you have questions to boot2qt, please contact your Qt sales contact.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello @vbardelli ,
Were you able to ty the approach suggested by @stephan.tx ?
If so, what was the outcome?

Best regards,
Josep

Hi @josep.tx ,

yes, I tried what suggested by @stephan.tx , and, for sure the needed layers are missed, but as I wrote the problem is inside the wrong manifest, for qt6, but it seems that this manifest is not under the Toradex control…

Regards, Valerio