Aster Device Tree

Hi, is there any device tree already configured to be used with Aster Carrier’s Arduino headers with Colibri VF50?

It turns out that some pins in the headers are already being used for another function, for example, Aster’s UNO_GPIO1 pin is connected to Colibri’s SODIMM 45, and is configured as Wake Up, when it should be available to be configured as GPIO. Only a few are being used as GPIO.

I know I can modify a device tree to set all header pins as GPIO, but wanted to know if there is a file with that ready.

Thank you.

Is there any particular reason for you to set this question on private? With private questions there is no way for the community to provide feedback or profit from any feedback.

Please find Aster device trees included in our latest BSP 2.7b3. The Colibri VF50 one may e.g. be found here. More information about device tree customisation may be found here.

No, I think I thought wrong when I created the topic, sorry

@termocontrole I made it public now.

So I have to change the static environment variable fdt_board to aster and reboot?

Hi

No, there is only one device tree stored in the vybrid module’s flash which you need to overwrite with whatever you need.

So you would have to set the fdt_board variable and then reflash (at least) the device tree.

e.g.

Colibri VFxx # setenv fdt_board aster
Colibri VFxx # saveenv

Colibri VFxx # run setupdate
Colibri VFxx # mtdparts default
Colibri VFxx # run prepare_ubi
Colibri VFxx # run update_fdt

Max

We use SODIMM 45 always as wake-up, even on Aster, see:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/linux-toradex.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/vf-colibri-aster.dtsi?h=toradex_vf_4.4&id=0068a1b36d309f22698f7de7478b72e672360129#n63

If you want to use as a GPIO, you have to edit and rebuild the device tree…

Hello guys,

I still have the same problem, it seems that nothing has changed when loading the device tree of aster board. I even used “run update”, but nothing has changed. Here’s an image to demonstrate what I’m saying (Aster’s UNO_GPIO1 pin, for example, is connected to Colibri’s SODIMM 45, and is configured as Wake Up, when it should be available to be configured as GPIO):

502-ss.png

Please, where can I be wrong?

Thank you very much.