ARM Trusted Firmware in u-boot

Hello,

Does the u-boot that comes with the Toradex Apalis iMX8 QuadPlus module have ATF enable by default?

The buidinfo message that u-boot displays (below) suggests that it is, but wish to confirm.

Thanks

===============================================================
U-Boot 2020.04-5.3.0+git.7f3416a28c34 (Jul 06 2021 - 15:49:48 +0000)

CPU: NXP i.MX8QM RevB A53 at 1200 MHz

DRAM: 2 GiB
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
Loading Environment from MMC… OK
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Model: Toradex Apalis iMX8 QuadPlus 2GB Wi-Fi / BT V1.1C, Serial# 07107198

BuildInfo:

• SCFW bc122ee1, SECO-FW d63fdb21, IMX-MKIMAGE 8947fea3, ATF 835a8f6
  • U-Boot 2020.04-5.3.0+git.7f3416a28c34

Hi @frankalert ,

By default, the ATF is enabled on our reference images, the imx-atf recipe is added as a dependency for imx-boot recipe here and then imx-boot is added to Apalis iMX8 configuration here.

If you want more information please refer to this article.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Thank You! Would you have any information regarding how to boot QNX from u-boot. I have rebuilt QNX with ATF enabled but it just hangs when I run.

Regards,
Frank

This message (including any attachments) may be confidential and privileged communication to the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you have received this message in error. In that case, please permanently delete this message and notify us at wrong-recipient@alertinnovation.com so that we can avoid this inconvenience in the future. Thank you.

Hi @frankalert ,

I don’t have experience with QNX but I expect it to work if all necessary binaries are compiled correctly, can you please take a look at this question on NXP community and check if it helps you to solve your issue?

I also suggest you check if every step described in this article is being done correctly.

Otherwise, I recommend you to contact QNX support directly.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais