Application of pinout design

We made a custom pinout. What’s the next step? How do we order the module?

Btw, we ended up with a lot of “possible” pin configurations. Does it affect the price? :thinking:

Dear @Jaremko,

Welcome to the Toradex Community! Please feel free to roam around our various topics.

So just for clarification of a few points:

The custom pinout means that you’re planning on building your own carrier board for your application, right? The module pins come with some standard functions but to most of them, you’re able to change the pin default state. This means that one specific pin could be executing function A or B. However, for this to work, you shall ensure that your carrier board is compatible to your end goal. If I get it from your tags, you’re interested in the Colibri iMX8X, right? I think that you may want to have a look on our carrier board design guide for Colibri Modules: https://docs.toradex.com/102491-colibri-arm-carrier-board-design-guide.pdf

You could simply go to Online webshop for Embedded Systems - Toradex. This is our official webshop and you can select the modules and carrier board that you’d wish to have.

No, it doesn’t affect the price. Pin muxing is available by default. It’s an opportunity for customers to customize their end product as much as they intend to. In addition, having the pin as possible indicates that this application may not be compatible with every module inside the family. This means that if you want to change from a specific module that could use the specific pin function that you desire to another one that doesn’t have it you may not be able to do so. The standard functions are the ones that work throughout the whole family. Therefore, if you have a standard configuration pin, you could simply change from an iMX7 to an iMX8 and keep this interface running, for instance.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks for the help :+1:

1 Like

Dear @Jaremko,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad we could help you. Please feel free to come back anytime needed.

Best regards,