Application fail to run after re-flashing the image

Hello
I re-flashed the win CE 5.0 image on the Colibri PXA270 and afterwards my application doesn’t run anymore. What might have caused this ?
Thanks

Dear @shiva_eghbal

There’s thousands of possible reasons. For example if the application was part of your custom OS image, and you replaced it with an OS image which does not contain the application, it can obviously not be started.

Regards, Andy

Hi,
It was not a custom OS image. we use original toradex wince image. I did the reflash for two pxa270 colibris where our application was on the flash drive.
One is working, running the application automatically but the other cannot even open the application when I double click on it.
Please let me know what information I can provide to help you understand the issue?
Thanks

Dear @shiva_eghbal

Your application might depend on the registry, e.g. because it is a .NET application which relies on the .NET framework to be preinstalled on the module.
The registry can get lost during the image update.

1. What happens if you try to launch other applications, such as the GPIOConfig Tool?
  2. What happens if you install an original copy of your application onto a USB drive and run it from there?

Regards, Andy

Hello,
I tried your suggestions;
GPIOConfig tool application works.
Our application doesn’t run even from a USB.

Dear @shiva_eghbal

I’m afraid this is the point where I can’t help you anymore. If all applications work (test more of them if you want) and your application doesn’t work, you need to find what is different to make it fail.

Regards, Andy

Hello,
Is there anyway like for ColibriT20, to get a backup of everything on a working PXA270 and use them to update the one that is not working?
Thanks

Dear @shiva_eghbal

The regular UpdateTool has a backup feature. Simply select all sections to get a complete backup file. You can use the UpdateTool again on the new module to restore everything.

To avoid potential problems, please make sure

• that source and destination module are exactly the same hardware version
  • Use the latest Update Tool on both the source and destination module.

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,
I did it and it works now. Thanks for your help.