App container failed to start due to i2c-17 failure when update from Tezi 5.2 to Tezi 5.7

Colibri IMX8QXP 2GB V1.0D
Col Eva board V3.2B
Linux BSP 5.7.0

Hi, we have built .netcore based app as an app container on Toradex core, other containers used are therndgroup/kiosk-mode-browser-vivante-cog:2 and torizon/weston-vivante:2.5.1. It works just fine at the 5.2 torizon-core but recently we upgrade the torizon-core to 5.7 so that we can use the secure offline update features.

After the torizon-core upgrading, the weston and cog containers autostart as normal, but the app container doesn’t autostart by docker-compose system service. I can SSH into the module and use docker run --privileged [image ID] to start the app container, but the GUI doesn’t show up in the cog browser.

Please check the attached docker-compose file for container configuration detail. I’d like to know what configuration modification I need to fix this issue. Thanks!
docker-compose-production.yml (3.1 KB)

Greetings @cifengfang,

As I understand it your dotnet core application container is the only container that fails to start on 5.7, correct?

What exactly is the error or issue then? In the title of this post you said “i2c-17 failure” but it’s not clear to me what the issue is from this.

If you try to run docker-compose up on your compose file what happens? What are the logs?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Nice to meet you Jeremias @jeremias.tx. I have run docker-compose up as you suggest.

Below is the logs:

Creating cxldnabit_weston … done
Creating cxldnabit_kiosk … done
Creating cxldnabit_web …

ERROR: for cxldnabit_web “host” network_mode is incompatible with port_bindings

ERROR: for cxldnabit “host” network_mode is incompatible with port_bindings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/docker-compose”, line 12, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py”, line 81, in main
command_func()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py”, line 203, in perform_command
handler(command, command_options)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/metrics/decorator.py”, line 18, in wrapper
result = fn(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py”, line 1186, in up
to_attach = up(False)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py”, line 1166, in up
return self.project.up(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/project.py”, line 697, in up
results, errors = parallel.parallel_execute(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/parallel.py”, line 108, in parallel_execute
raise error_to_reraise
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/parallel.py”, line 206, in producer
result = func(obj)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/project.py”, line 679, in do
return service.execute_convergence_plan(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 559, in execute_convergence_plan
return self._execute_convergence_create(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 473, in _execute_convergence_create
containers, errors = parallel_execute(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/parallel.py”, line 108, in parallel_execute
raise error_to_reraise
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/parallel.py”, line 206, in producer
result = func(obj)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 478, in
lambda service_name: create_and_start(self, service_name.number),
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 457, in create_and_start
container = service.create_container(number=n, quiet=True)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 330, in create_container
container_options = self._get_container_create_options(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 939, in _get_container_create_options
container_options[‘host_config’] = self._get_container_host_config(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/compose/service.py”, line 1014, in _get_container_host_config
return self.client.create_host_config(
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/docker/api/container.py”, line 596, in create_host_config
return HostConfig(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/docker/types/containers.py”, line 336, in init
raise host_config_incompatible_error(
docker.errors.InvalidArgument: “host” network_mode is incompatible with port_bindings

@jeremias.tx After some search, I figured out that with the newer docker version I need to remove the “port:” section in order to use “network mode: host”. After doing that, the app container starts as desired. Thanks!.

Glad I was able to point you in the right direction.