ApolloX - Node.js project cannot be compiled

I installed ApolloX on my Ubuntu 22.04 machine (Virtualbox Guest OS) and I followed the documentation here.
I created the project from template TypeScript / Node.js
I clicked yes when asked to search for dependencies, and it seems everything is ok.
immagine

If I try to Compile and Debug as described here I see the following errors:

With the command docker image ls from the terminal , I see the image
torizon/binfmt latest 893244d86992 2 years ago 37.5MB

Hi @vix

could you please run the follow on a new terminal and report the result?

whereis npm

Let me know …

The output is
npm:

It seems that npm is not installed on my Ubuntu machine.
But the dependency check of ApolloX said it’s installed.

The templates are open source, the public repo: GitHub - toradex/vscode-torizon-templates: VS Code Torizon Integrated Development Environment Templates

The script that checks for dependencies:

You can note that this check if the apt package is installed, for the NodeJS Typescript project the npm package.

Could you also try and report the result?:

dpkg -s npm

Another clarify about the templates, some templates are Toradex supported (maintained by the Toradex team) and others are Community supported. NodeJS TypeScript is one of the Community supported projects. Only clarifying this to you know that for some templates maybe we do not have the same quality or has not been maintained or tested for the last software updates. But it’s also good to see the customers using the community projects, because this is an important data to maybe grade the project to Toradex supported.

Thanks,

Here is the output from dpkg -s npm

Package: npm
Priority: optional
Section: javascript
Installed-Size: 2647
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: all
Version: 8.5.1~ds-1
Config-Version: 8.5.1~ds-1
Provides: arborist (= 4.3.1), node-npm (= 8.5.1), node-npm-packlist (= 3.0.0), node-npmcli-arborist (= 4.3.1), node-npmcli-ci-detect (= 2.0.0), node-npmcli-config (= 3.0.0), node-npmcli-disparity-colors (= 1.0.1), node-npmcli-fs (= 1.1.0), node-npmcli-git (= 2.1.0), node-npmcli-installed-package-contents (= 1.0.7), node-npmcli-map-workspaces (= 2.0.0), node-npmcli-metavuln-calculator (= 2.0.0), node-npmcli-name-from-folder (= 1.0.1), node-npmcli-node-gyp (= 1.0.3), node-npmcli-package-json (= 1.0.1), node-npmcli-promise-spawn (= 1.3.2), node-npmcli-run-script (= 2.0.0), node-pacote (= 12.0.3), node-qrcode-terminal (= 0.12.0), npm-packlist (= 3.0.0), pacote (= 12.0.3), qrcode-terminal (= 0.12.0)
Depends: ca-certificates, node-abbrev, node-agent-base, node-ansistyles, node-aproba, node-archy, node-asap, node-cacache, node-chalk, node-chownr, node-cli-table3, node-colors, node-columnify, node-debug, node-depd, node-emoji-regex, node-encoding, node-glob, node-got, node-graceful-fs, node-gyp, node-hosted-git-info, node-https-proxy-agent, node-ini, node-ip, node-ip-regex, node-json-parse-better-errors, node-jsonparse, node-lru-cache, node-minimatch, node-minipass, node-mkdirp, node-ms, node-negotiator, node-nopt, node-normalize-package-data, node-npm-bundled, node-npm-package-arg, node-npmlog, node-once, node-promise-retry, node-promzard, node-read, node-read-package-json, node-rimraf, node-semver, node-ssri, node-string-width, node-strip-ansi, node-tar, node-text-table, node-validate-npm-package-license, node-validate-npm-package-name, node-which, node-wrappy, node-write-file-atomic, node-yallist, nodejs:any (>= 10)
Recommends: git, node-tap
Suggests: node-opener
Description: package manager for Node.js
 Node.js is an event-based server-side javascript engine.
 npm is the package manager for the Node JavaScript platform.  It puts
 modules in place so that node can find them, and manages dependency
 conflicts intelligently.
 It is extremely configurable to support a wide variety of use cases.
 Most commonly, it is used to publish, discover, install, and develop
 node programs.
 Install also node-opener to have full npm features enabled.
Original-Maintainer: Debian Javascript Maintainers <pkg-javascript-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Homepage: https://docs.npmjs.com/

I notice that the line
seems suspicious.
For a package that is installed (git) the same line is
So it seems that npm is not installed completely.
I launched sudo apt-get install npm and after I get positive results:

• whereis npm returns the location of npm
  • dpkg -s npm returns Status: install ok installed
  • the project compiles and ssh connection to the device is started (then I see other errors, but I will open a different topic)

I understood that some of the templates are Toradex supported and some of them are Community supported (it’s written clearly).
It’s not clear to me if this Toradex community is the right place to ask support for Community-supported templates too.
@matheus.tx If not, please give me the right place where to ask support for them.
Thanks

Hey @vix

great, thanks for the info. Yeah, please open the new tickets. You can open it here in the community without any problems, if it’s the case that the template maintainer is not here, we will forward to a ticket on Github :+1:.

Best Regards,