ApolloX - docker-compose build error in Node.js project

Hi @henrique.tx
not yet.
I let you know.

Hi @henrique.tx
hi @matheus.tx

first of all, sorry for the terribly late answer.
I set the property apollox.overwriteHostIp to the ip address of the right entehrnet interface on my PC, but it doesnā€™t work.
Iā€™ve been using the latest v2.4.2

Hi @vix !

After asking internally, this was a tip from @drew.tx:

It is possible to set apollox.overwriteHostIp globally and per-workspace. Could you check if maybe you set both? It can cause conflict to do so.

He said that in his case the setting was done globally and add the following configuration to make sure it didnā€™t sync to his other VSCode instances:

"settingsSync.ignoredSettings": [
           "apollox.overwriteHostIp"
    ],

Let us know if this helps you.

PS: And we can say we have people using this configuration without an issue.

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx
I see three possible sections where the parameter can be set

I set ā€œUserā€ only.
Is this the right place?

Hi @vix !

To know more about all this VS Code configuration, you can check its documentation:

As we can see, there is a precedence between the configurations.

You must check all the tabs for the same configuration to understand which on is currently affecting you.

(I personally find it easier to check the .json files directly :slight_smile: )

Best regards,

Hi @jeremias.tx

• "apollox.overwriteHostIp": "192.168.137.1" is set into the user settings.ini
  • "apollox.overwriteHostIp": "192.168.137.1" is set into the workspace settings.ini
  • "apollox.overwriteHostIp": "192.168.137.1" is set in the UI for Remote [WSL: Ubuntu-22.04]

The problem now is different from the problem at the beginning of this topic, and so I prefer to open a new topic for this.

I mean, when I set "apollox.overwriteHostIp" I see that in settings.ini the item "host_ip" is configured properly.
And so I think the parameter "apollox.overwriteHostIp" does its job even if my Pc has multiple ethernet interfaces.

Hi @vix !

I didnā€™t understand your last messageā€¦

Was the issue related to this thread solved?

If yes, what exactly solved it?

Also, I am used to settings.json instead of settings.ini for VS Code settings. (reference: Visual Studio Code User and Workspace Settings)

Are you sure you are checking the right files? Where these settings.ini are stored? (what is the path to them?)

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx
sorry for the cofusion.
Itā€™s a typo: I usee settings.json too. settings.ini doesnā€™t exists.
The solution to the original issue ā€œdocker-compose build error in node.js projectā€ is to set "apollox.overwriteHostIp" in settings.json (or inthe UI) as you wrote.

Now I have a different issue, but Iā€™ll open a new topic for this.

Hi @vix !

Thanks for the explanation.

Since this one is solved, please mark the most suitable message as the solution :slight_smile:

Best regards,