ApolloX Avalonia GTK not rendering with correct Tree Overlays

Hi,

Currently i am evaluating the new VS code extension ApolloX and tried out the new Avalonia Single Container GTK project.

I found an issue where when i configure the Tree Overlays with the overlays

colibri-imx8x_parallel-rgb_overlay.dtbo colibri-imx8x_ad7879_overlay.dtbo display-lt161010_overlay.dtbo

The avalonia app is launched but the window is not displayed. I have the same issue when using the Avalonia Framebuffer project.

I also tested the Uno Framebuffer project and that one is working correctly.

I used this tutorial Device Tree Overlays on Torizon | Toradex Developer Center and the overlay configuration from Setting up Displays with Torizon | Toradex Developer Center

Hardware:
imx8x, Iris carrier board, Resistive Touch Display 7

Thanks in advance
Simon

Greetings @SimonBaur,

I have a few questions just to make sure I understand your situation.

You applied some overlays to the overlays.txt file to enable a display. Once you did this the display worked, correct?

Then you deployed an Avalonia Single Container GTK project with ApolloX and the application failed to work, or be displayed specifically? But, if you deploy a Uno Framebuffer project then that is fine, correct?

What I don’t quite understand yet is what is the connection between the overlays and the failed Avalonia container.

Does the Avalonia container work without these overlays applied, using a different display?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hallo @jeremias.tx,

thank you for the quick replay.

You applied some overlays to the overlays.txt file to enable a display. Once you did this the display worked, correct?

Yes correct

Then you deployed an Avalonia Single Container GTK project with ApolloX and the application failed to work, or be displayed specifically?

It started, and there was no Exception reported. But the Application was not displayed.

But, if you deploy a Uno Framebuffer project then that is fine, correct?

Yes it worked just fine

Does the Avalonia container work without these overlays applied, using a different display?

With the Capacitive Touch Display 7" Parallel. The behavior is the same. With the default overlays the application is displayed correctly but when i configure the overlays correctly the application is not displayed

Best Regards,
Simon

Hello @SimonBaur,

I am Andre from the IDE Extensions Toradex Team. I have created an Avalonia Single Container GTK project with ApolloX and applied the overlay with this method, using the torizoncore-builder tool, instead of the method without using torizoncore-builder and it worked for me. Can you try applying the overlay this way and see if it works, please?

Best regards,
Andre