Apalis TK1 and Ixora LVDS Display

I’m in need of some assistance in bringing up an LVDS display on the Ixora carrier board.

I’ve done a bitbake of Yocto 5.4.0 mainline, using the tdx-reference-multimedia-image and I’ve updated my Apalis TK1 module using Toradex Easy Installer. However, when the system boots, I do not have a display.

Checking the various tegra124 and related device trees, there appears to be no reference to an LVDS display and equally, looking through the device-tree-overlays repo, there are also no example overlays for the Apalis TK1 which show how to implement the bringing up of the LVDS display.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction of how to do this for the TK1, please? I’ve been used to working in the dark ages of kernel V2.6 for the Apalis T30 so this device tree business is pretty new to me.

Thanks in advance.

Versions of things:
Apalis TK1 V1.2A
Ixora V1.1A
Yocto 5.4.0

Can anyone advise on this, please?

Hi @kwebster83 !

Unfortunately, for Apalis TK1, there is no support for LVDS on upstream kernel (reference: Toradex System/Computer on Modules - Linux BSP Release)

As noted in the link above, a workaround could be to use the downstream L4T kernel, which does support LVDS.

Then, you can take a look in this Display Output, Resolution and Timings (Linux) | Toradex Developer Center article to be able to setup your device tree.

Best regards,