Apalis T30 - Bitbaking gstreamer1.0

I realise that this question is more general than a Toradex-specific question but I think it applies nevertheless.

Currently bitbaking an Apalis-T30 image based on angstrom-qt5-x11-image. I’ve added the following into the bblayers.conf file:

${TOPDIR}/../layers/meta-gstreamer1.0

And in local.conf I’ve added the following:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "   gstreamer1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad "

When I bitbake -k angstrom-qt5-x11-image, everything kicks off smoothly but then I encounter an error with the gstreamer-plugins-base package, where the error is:

error: 'EGL_PLATFORM_GBM_MESA' undeclared; did you mean 'EGL_PLATFORM_X11_EXT'?

Given that I’m building the x11 image for the Apalis-T30, I might have assumed that the EGL_PLATFORM_X11_EXT was defined somewhere. Or do I need to add some definition as part of the DISTRO_FEATURES_xxx or IMAGE_INSTALL_xxx in the local.conf file?

Unfortunately, NVIDIA’s OpenGL implementation of the ancient T20/T30 downstream is simply not compatible with GStreamer 1.0. However, one may be able to get GStreamer 1.0 built for T20/T30 if relying solely on software only plugins. What exact hardware and software versions of things are you talking about? And what exactly is your use case (e.g. requiring what exact kind of graphics/multimedia support)?

Hi @marcel.tx

The gstreamer1.0 capabilities are used to capture a video feed into an ADV7280 h264 pipeline.

We’ve used this version of gstreamer on the TK1 (Ubuntu, L4T) and I was hoping to get it also working on Angstrom. I think we will definitely need hardware plugins for this.

If it is not possible then so be it.

No, sorry, this is definitely not supported on T20/T30.

Ah ok, no problem - thank you for your help.

You are very welcome.