Apalis-imx6 with yocto project custom drivers

Hi
i have built the tdx-reference-minimal-image and i want to port our custom Wi-Fi driver to the apalis-imx6 image. can anyone please help.

Much appreciate for your kind assistance.
Thank you.

apalis-imx6
#custom image
#Toradex Ixora carrier board
#qca9733 driver

Hi @venkatesh,

Thanks for writing to Toradex community

Regarding your query, in general we do not have any specific article or guide explaining how to port WiFi driver. This is more like linux related question or if vendor providing their specific driver then they would be better contact for sharing detailed information.

While porting driver you will need kernel source code, for that you can check below link which explain about both donwstream and upstream kernel.

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar

Dear @Ritesh Kumar

We have the appropriate drivers from the vendor (QCA9377) and we have also tested it on x86 machines and need guidance on how to build a Wi-Fi module on apalis-imx6 image.

Hi @venkatesh,

As we already informed, we do not have any article describing step to port driver. Since your vendor is providing driver please ask them to share steps. The kernel source code link we have already shared with step to cross compile which might be needed when you are porting driver to arm arch.

Additionally have you already checked if linux kernel is not providing any driver for same chip? As I can see for ath10k some driver is already available in kernel which you can check.

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar

Dear @Ritesh Kumar

Thank you so much for your efficient response .

I do follow your suggestion to go on with the vendor on the driver porting procedure. and

On the other hand, I got stuck while I was loading the apalis-imx6 reference image onto the toradex board to check the ath10k driver(open source) if it was already built. For this I have followed the below article.

https://developer.toradex.com/easy-installer/toradex-easy-installer

Can you please assist us ?

Hi @venkatesh,

certainly we can help you with flashing, if you can share at what step you are facing issue we can guide you accordingly.

Also once you get image flashed, to use ath10k driver you will need to compile custom kernel with driver enabled. To compile kernel please follow link which we shared at the beginning.

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar