APALIS iMX6 + ixora-carrier-board LVDS LCD Module

Hi,

I want to evaluate LVDS LCD in APALIS iMX6 + ixora-carrier-board. Can someone suggest me compatible LVDS LCD part number for the same.

Regards,
Suju

Hi Suju,

Apalis iMX6 computer on module support upto 24 bit dual channel LVDS display. For more details, please refer Apalis iMX6 datasheet, section 5.5.2 LVDS.

Following article lists the tested LVDS display:

A custom made cable may be required to connect the display with the LVDS connector (X19) on the Ixora carrier board.

Let us know, if you have any further query.

Regards,
Satyan

Dear Satyan,

Thanks for the input.

We have chosen DLF0765-I Module from LITEMAX;

http://www.litemax.com/en/product/Durapixel%200765-I/80

Can i go ahead with DLF0765-I Module ? Is there any bottleneck with above module?

Could you please check the compatibility?

Regards,
suju

Hi Suju,

Sorry for the delay.
The datasheet available on the website doesn’t carry pinout information and the specification document is pass word protected.
If you can help me get the pinout, timing diagram information, which I guess must be available in the specification document, I will look into the details and get back to you.

Best Regards,
Satyan Raj

Hi Raj,

Please find the requested documents in attachment.

pin_dlf_lcd

Could you please do the needful.

Regards,

Suju

any updates pls

Hi Saju,

The selected display uses single channel LVDS (VESA format).
If you compare the data input format provided in display datasheet (page 19) and Apalis IMX6 datasheet (Section 5.5.2, refer figure 8 and figure 9); they have the same data format.

You can connect the display in 8 bit LVDS format with the Ixora carrier board.
Use LVDS Channel-A signal available on the Ixora carrier board to connect the display (LVDS signals).
Please refer to the Apalis iMX6 for more details.

Please note: The display need external circuit to drive the LCD. Please read the display datasheet for more details.

Regards,
Satyan

Dear Satyan,

Thank you for the quick response. I have informed the same to our hardware team.

In software perspective , what needs to be configured in kernel or boot loader ?

What are the code changes? What are the test procedure of LCD ?

Regards,

Suju

Hi Suju,

Regarding software changes, please refer to the following developer article for more details

Best Regards,
Satyan Raj

Hello Satyan,

I am using Linux-4.1.35+gc117783 kernel from Toradex BSP. My LVDS LCD resolution is 1024 x 600.

In the above given link , I did not understand below points,

what changes needs to be done in my device tree?

what uBoot argument needs to be set?

which driver to be enabled?

Could you please specifically guide to make DLF LVDS LCD up and run in Ixora board.

FYR , LCD data sheet DLF and device tree dts

Regards,
Sujay

what uBoot argument needs to be set?

As mentioned in the article one can set the display resolution from the kernel command line.

e.g.: To select LVDS resolution to 1024x600
NOTE: Select the ‘if=’ as per your display.

via U-Boot prompt

# setenv vidargs 'video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1024x600,if=RGB666 fbmem=32M'

or

via Linux console:

# fw_setenv vidargs 'video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1024x600,if=RGB666 fbmem=32M'

what changes needs to be done in my device tree?

If your LVDS display needs particular display timing configurations to work, then you will need to add the display timings provided in the display data sheet, in device tree. As an example refer the display timings which are already available in device tree here.

thank you very much for the reply.

With above boot arguments LCD images were flickering, but after below command it got stable;

video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M

Why so?

Regards,

Suju

any update?

Regards,

Suju

“video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M”

Why so?

Sorry ! for the delay.

Not really sure about the resolution you are selecting for the LVDS display,
basically in the above vidargs you are enabling only LVDS interface. With the above vidargs your display is working ? What does xrand shows from Linux terminal ?