Apalis i.MX8X HDMI on Ixora

Hi,

I want to get HDMI output on my Apalis i.MX8X WB IT using Ixora carrier board.

When using Easy Installer I can use my HDMI display but after installing Multimedia Image there is no more HDMI output.

According to the documentation (https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/device-tree-overlays-linux#4-hdmi ) I have to enable “apalis-imx8x_dsihdmi_overlay.dtbo” device tree overlay.

On target and repository (http://git.toradex.com/cgit/device-tree-overlays.git/) I cannot find the overlay mentioned.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Hello @floji ,

Could you please tell me your image version and then tell me the output of cat /boot/overlays.txt ?

Best Regards,
Janani

Hi @saijanani.tx ,

I’m using stock BSP 5.1 from the Easy Installer feed and did not change anything.

fdt_overlays=apalis-imx8x_parallel-rgb_overlay.dtbo display-edt7_overlay.dtbo

2555-unbenannt.png

Hi @saijanani.tx ,

do you have any update on this matter?

Best Regards, Florian

Hello @floji ,

Thank you for your message. Yes, indeed some files are missing and you are right about that. And we are discussing internally. I will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
Janani

Hello @floji,

Thank you for your patience!

After discussing internally with our R&D, I have the following information. These missing overlays are already taken notice of and are WIP. The good news is that it is also scheduled for in the next sprint.

Best Regards,

Janani

Hi @saijanani.tx ,

thank you for your reply.

What is the time frame of the next sprint? We require HDMI output for continuation of our project with an external supplier.

Best Regards,
Florian

Hello @floji ,

I understand! Our sprint is planned between Feb 18, 2021 - Mar 4, 2021. And the developer article will also be updated (if not done already) about the missing overlays too. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Hopefully,we have that done soon

Best Regards,

Janani