Anyone else had issues with i.MX8X DSI HDMI adapter display resolution post 6.3?

I have been working for several weeks with three different HDMI displays (1024x600, 1280x800 and 1920x1080) but all using the same i.MX8X quad SOM, Iris, and DSI to HDMI converter.

Yesterday a colleague came to use the same displays and found that only the 1920x1080 would work. The 1280x800 had line tear and the 1024x600 didn’t work at all.

Working things through, it appears that what makes the difference is the Torizon/Toradex Linux version. The combination which works uses a SOM which was programmed some time ago and has Toradex Linux 6.3 on it. All our other SOMs are more recent versions (some Torizon and some Toradex Linux) and none of them work with the other two displays. My test setup doesn’t work if everything else is the same but the SOM is changed.

This suggests to me that perhaps something has gone awry with EDI post 6.3. Has anyone else had similar issues?

We don’t currently have SOMs with 6.4 on to test with so the comparison is 6.3 v 6.5 & 6.6.

The only other difference is that the SOM with 6.3 on doesn’t have the radio whereas all the others do, but it seems unlikely that’s causing an issue with DSI-HDMI.

Hello @Sebtombs,

Thanks a lot for reaching out and reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce this behavior on some 1024x600 HDMI displays with BSP versions higher than 6.3.0. So we will do an internal investigation to figure out and solve this issue. Could you please give me more information regarding the displays (name of the vendor, version) that you are using?

Hi Rudhi. The 7" (1024x600) is a Waveshare WAV-18625. The 10.1" (1280x800) are all back with the customer at present but I believe from the data we have that they are either Inelco Hunter Limited D90101-1HLC1EUIH or D90101-8HLC1EUIH. I should be able to confirm this next week.

Interestingly, the 10.1" also didn’t work on a Raspberry Pi running the January 2022 version of Buster but did work when running the March 2024 version of Bullseye, which suggests that 6.3 may have included the same kernel driver changes which were in RaspiOS Bullseye but there was a later reversion.

All the best,

Mark

1 Like

Thanks for giving us more information. We are investigating this issue internally and I will update you as soon as I have an answer. Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Rudhi. My apologies for the delay but I can now confirm the 10.1" is D90101-1HLC1EUIH.

All the best,

Mark