ADC with Nvidia JetPack Apalis TK1

Dear Community;

We have been using Apalis TK1 with Ixora carrier board for camera application service since 2018. We have always used Nvidia Jetpack installed with Toradex Easy Installer. In the last TK1 I see that ADC directory does not exist:

cd /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/

-bash: cd: /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/: No such file or directory

The directory exists until /sys/bus/iio/devices, and that directory is empty. I have never faced this problem. I wonder if something has changed in the last version of Nvidia Jetpack.

uname -a

Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.40-2.8.6+g2c7a3c3af726 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 1 09:54:31 UTC 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Ander.

Dear @Andermutu

Could you specify which exact version you have been using before? And what device do you expect to be in this directory, respectively which exact ADC are you using?

Did you build the image on your own and / or did you change anything on the image? If so, please attach the applied changes.

Best regards
Diego

Hi @diego_b.tx ;

We have used different versions. Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.40-2.8.3+g6c533d3 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 26 21:38:58 UTC 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux works fine for example. I can go to /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0 and there I see

in_voltage0_raw in_voltage1_raw in_voltage2_raw in_voltage3_raw
in_voltage0_scale in_voltage1_scale in_voltage2_scale in_voltage3_scale

as expected. We use in_voltage0_raw to read an analogue output device.

We are not using any custom image.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Dear @Andermutu

Thanks for your explanation. After checking the image I realized that the image is corrupt. Somehow it contains the kernel modules and the K20 firmware for the old kernel version of BSP 2.8b3. Therefore the kernel modules don’t get loaded and you are not able to run software on the K20 (including the ADC).

I compiled the kernel and it’s modules and replaced the kernel, the modules and the K20 firmware in the existing image. You can download that Toradex Easy Installer image from here. You can either use that image or use the old working image from BSP 2.8b3.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I reported the corrupt image internally.

Best regards
Diego

Hi @diego_b.tx

Thank you for the answer, it is nice to hear that we have a solution to the problem.

Regards,

Ander.

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Jaski